Friday, April 26, 2024

Community

Home Community Page 20

Mostly Cloudy, Microsoft Re-Org Could See Up to 3,000 Pink Slips

Microsoft is downsizing, or should we call it cloud-sizing? It's rain that comes down from the dark clouds in these climes, sometimes in a...

Seattle’s CleanTech Alliance Innovation Showcase Is America’s Best Hope

The annual CleanTech Alliance Innovation Showcase to be held June 26th at the Bell Harbor Conference Center on the Seattle waterfront could well be...

Prime, Choice or Select? Amazon Raises the Steaks in Grocery...

Inside the Amazon-Whole Foods Acquisition If Alexa can order it, AmazonFresh can deliver it, or you can pick it up at “Will-Call” or zip through the automated, express...

Seattle Tech Gifts for Father’s Day

Bezos: "Alexa, buy me a Father's Day gift from Whole Foods." Alexa: "Now buying Whole Foods for $13.7 billion." You: "Alexa, what should I get my...

The Most Liked Seattle CEOs: Owler Gives a Hoot!

How would the leader of your company rate for congeniality, popularity or what might be otherwise labeled “CEO Likeability?" An inaugural survey that crowd sourced more than a quarter...

Life Hacking Trump!

A Hackathon to Brainstorm How to Best Brief Top Government Decision Makers Awards $10,000 in Seattle Media culpa! The headline of this article has been “trumped...

It’s Not a Pulitzer, But The Zillow Prize, WIN and Hackathon...

A talent for creating winning software solutions is turning Seattle programmers and computer analysts into cyber-warriors of a different stripe — contestants on a new stage for software...

Hacked Windows XP Flaw Exploited — Then Patched — in Largest...

Support for Microsoft Windows XP ended in 2014, 12 years after the software was introduced. The world's biggest software maker usually drops support for older...

Seattle Rebukes FCC: Enacts Broadband Privacy Rule of Its Own

"You can't stop Seattle!" intones a now en vogue TV spot for Delta Airlines. The ad could just as easily pertain to the jurisprudence of...

Crunching the Numbers: From USAFacts to OED’s Business Decision Engine

In an era of government where words seem to have become estranged from their literal meaning, where “alternative facts” and "fake news" hang like...