Position: Multimedia Production Graduate Intern
What: Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is seeking a graduate level multi-media production intern to work with the Web Team in the Finance and Administration Branch. This intern will be involved in developing advanced skills in creating, producing, editing and updating content on SPU’s external (primary) and intranet websites. The selected intern will report to the Web Team manager.
There is presently one internship available. The projected start date is mid-to-late May 2014. This internship opportunity is for up to 18 months or graduation, whichever comes first. SPU requires a one-year commitment from the selected candidate.
Learning objectives include:
• Become trained and gain skills on the Oracle (Stellent) Content Management System.
• Gain experience working on a high-visibility website with a city-wide audience.
• Gain experience working with clients to identify business needs and create media-appropriate solutions.
• Define and work on special proejct of the student’s choice.
The selected intern will work with the Web Team in activities such as:
• Create, edit and update content on the SPU external (primary) and intranet websites
• Create new content for content production which may include HTML, text, photographic, graphic or video work.
Education: Applicants must be a graduate level student at time of application, pursuing a Master’s degree in Communication, Multimedia Communication, Internet technologies, or Visual Communications (including web), or a related field.
Students must be enrolled for the duration of the internship for the equivalent of 9 credit hours, or the school’s full-time equivalent if different.
Exception: Students are not required to be enrolled during the summer sessions, but must provide documentation of continued Fall enrollment.
Verification of enrollment is required at time of application.
• Excellent web writing skills
• Basic HTML experience
• Basic Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) experience
• Familiarity with web usability principles (also called “human factors”, or “human computer-interface design”, HCI)
• Some experience with digital storytelling in a visual medium
• Basic photography ability
• Basic videography ability
• Interest in web analytics, usability testing, or other specialized aspect of web development.
Contact: Apply here:
Look under “Student Opportunities”
• Upload your college/university’s unofficial transcript. This should include a list of completed courses, courses currently enrolled in, grades for each of the courses as well as cumulative GPA. An official transcript will be required at the time of hire.
• Writing sample (written for web – one page)
• Cover letter indicating your interest in the internship
• Resume clearly identifying how you meet the requirements and qualifications
• Online portfolio of web work
References (3) will be requested from those applicants invited to interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 4/22/14
Questions about the application?
Contact Linda Rogers at email@example.com or 206/233-7221