Lead the Design vision for all Eddie Bauer products. Provide seasonal direction for product concepts with the goal of executing a creative and authentic product driven collection in line with Eddie Bauer business objectives.
- Provide clear seasonal direction to Design team to grow Eddie Bauer as an authentic, outdoor lifestyle brand.
- Work closely with leaders in Product and Design on seasonal direction, product deliverables and strategic integration of Sportswear and Outerwear/Gear.
- Contribute “big ideas” to strategically enhance the brand while keeping in line with company direction and objectives.
- Lead Seasonal Brand Concept planning and execution.
- Ensure products are designed to uphold quality and authenticity of Eddie Bauer brand.
- Develop and present opportunities to aggressively grow the key departments.
- Deliver continual flow of market trend, innovation and competitive insight, assuring Eddie Bauer is in the forefront of new innovations, technologies and industry directions.
- Build effective internal and external partnerships to actively promote cross-functional collaboration to insure business goals are achieved.
- Inspire and lead the design process in others to help achieve results that support brand and business initiatives.
- Manage teams to meet all calendar deadlines in development cycle.
- Drive creation of product lines that meet company expectations for sales, profitability, product reviews.
- Assure that Eddie Bauer product line is unique, brand right, and speaks to the company ethos of the outdoors
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As an officer, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Maintain strong working relationships with peers, especially in Marketing, Merchandising, Visual, PD, Sourcing and other leaders that collectively deliver EB product to our customers.
- Apparel design degree.
- 12-15 years successful design experience; with 5 years experience in lead Design role (director, VP or comparable position).
- 7+ years experience effectively leading a team