Position: Business Analyst
What: A Razorfish Business Analyst performs many roles and interacts with many different teams across one or several projects. They work hand-in-hand with business clients, designers, developers and testers and are engaged in every phase of the project lifecycle. Some of their duties include: scoping a system, requirements-gathering, producing documentation, managing client expectations and developer constraints, and ensuring system viability through rigorous testing. A Business Analyst communicates well with both business and technical staff, writes clear and comprehensive documents and diagrams and is comfortable with client presentations and training of new system users.
- As a member of our Delivery Management aka Project Management community, you would work with our strategy, design, and technology teams to:
- Define and document business requirements, business process flows and diagram
- Research and prioritize user requirements and functional requirements
- Document and revise functional requirements and specifications
- Create use cases using standard modeling formats (such as UML)
- Provide review and input into other deliverables as appropriate (e.g. page schematics or interaction designs)
- Map functionality to system components and develop system test plans and test scripts
- Degree in a related field, such as technical communications, cognitive science, or computer science
- 1-3 years experience developing interactive projects
- Any background or experience with providing Quality Assurance prior to launch of interactive projects is a plus!
- Experience working in demo/prototype development lab environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions
- Experience with development methodologies, life cycles, and best practices
- Familiarity with Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. Visual UseCase) a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects
- Application development experience very helpful (e.g. html, Java, C, VB, SQL, database design/maintenance)
Contact: If interested, please apply online,