Position: SEO Program Manager
What: As an SEO Program Manager at Avvo you will work closely with Content, Marketing, Product Management, Design and Engineering teams to drive strategic growth through organic traffic. You will identify opportunities, projects, plan requirements and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals and results to project stakeholders. You will take part in website development and optimization, help shape content strategy, improve website code hygiene and define web architecture. It’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s priority, progress, deadlines and impact. Your focus will be driving the SEO strategy in support of key business initiatives with goals to improve site infrastructure, onsite content, and domain authority. You will be directly responsible to research, analyze and monitor market trends, benchmarks, innovative SEO techniques, and competitive landscape to identify actionable insights and execution plans. Collaborate with Product, Engineering and UX teams to execute strategy and communicate end-to-end reporting on SEO. Support Content Strategy team in development and execution of content creation strategy to drive organic search growth. Ensure product releases meet SEO needs with ongoing QA and communication of recommended changes. Effectively communicate program results and recommendations to internal stakeholders. Evangelize the role that technical structure (design, usability, taxonomy, etc) impacts SEO rank, traffic and conversions.
- Develop and prioritize SEO experiments and idea
- Broad keyword analysis and the selection of brand and longtail keyword combinations
- Review key metrics across the full website to access the effectiveness of SEO strategy
- Competitive site analysis to increase the effectiveness of on-page optimization
- Optimization of on page information including page content, meta tags, h tags, alt tags
- Internal linking strategies to disperse value throughout the whole site
- Submission of sites to Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Engage in inbound and outbound link placement
- Verify and optimize business and local listings for top search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, Yahoo!)
- Partner closely with SEO team to align initiatives for optimal growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related area
- 2+ years’ experience in search engine optimization
- 1+ years of local search optimization and business and local listing experience preferred
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization and website performance.
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance and strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, etc.).
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Bonus if you have experience with STAT, Screaming Frog and Moz tools.
- Thorough understanding of website best practices and factors which influence rankings, indexation, display within search engines
- Strength in developing and executing against SEO strategies that demonstrate strong bias for action and delivery.
- Proven track record for delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics.
How: Apply Here