Position: Interactive Designer
What: DataSphere is looking for a rock star interactive designer and front-end developer to join their Marketing Team and help develop their LocalSaver brand. You will be responsible for designing and building microsites, landing pages, and banner ads to help drive more traffic to LocalSaver.com, increase engagement, as well as generate sales leads and new customers. This role is at the heart of a major strategic investment by the company, with the power to directly and significantly affect revenue and profit.
The ideal candidate combines strong interactive and UX design thinking with exceptional visual design talent, and understands direct response marketing principles that help drive successful campaigns. Candidate must have a passion for design, a point of view, and the ability to communicate these concepts and develop consensus across the team.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Product Management teams to develop effective direct marketing collateral. Projects include designing and building microsites, display banner ads, email templates, landing pages, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, etc.
- Serve as an expert interactive design consultant within cross-functional project teams, and champion design concepts to stakeholders.
- Leverage best-of-breed in-house and external services to provide rapid turnaround, effective online marketing solutions to real and substantial opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing and Product Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, and with the highest level of quality, including keeping a schedule, managing relationships, and being proactive and transparent in communicating with stakeholders.
- Link to online portfolio or PDF samples of work is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as an Interactive Designer, with both mobile and web application design, preferably in direct marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to create thoughtful design solutions from concept through wireframing and final production.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Experience creating responsive layouts (email and web pages)
- Self-starter who is obsessed with creating designs that meet marketing objectives (generating a response, capture an email address, convert to sale, etc.). Understanding of the conversion funnel and the most effective ways for UX design to improve the desired results
- Experience building eye-catching banner ads in Flash
- Command of design elements including typography, color, composition, and hierarchy
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Interest in and knowledge of current web and mobile design best practices
- Strong attention to detail
Contact: Apply here.