Position: Graphic Designer & Front-End Web Developer
What: Marketing Puget Sound is a local, full-service marketing firm looking for a full-time visual designer and web developer who wants to solve meaningful problems and create beautiful, functional, and persuasive interfaces, illustrations, and brand identities.
Graphic Design desired skills:
– Substantive professional experience
– A need to push design into its next evolutionary stage
– No fear of clients, or of telling clients things they might need to know but are afraid to hear
– The ability to work collaboratively across disciplines (research, strategy, interaction design, code) and ideas about how to improve the intersections
– Verbal communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a business case for design
– A powerful intellectual curiosity
– A strong sense of craft
Web Developer desired skills:
– Taking existing branding concepts and applying them to engaging web design
– Concept development in innovating trends in user-experience and user-interface design
– Converting websites from other CMS platforms into WordPress
– Knowledge in HTML5, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, and WordPress custom theming
– Comfortable in frontend & backend coding
– Exceptional communication and self/time management skills
– A desire to look to the future of design in web & graphic industries
– “Out of the Box” Thinker but understanding of practical needs as well
– Self-motivation and love of learning new things
– Problem-solving attitude
– Effective, clear communication
– Organizational skills
– Goal oriented with excellent project execution skills
– Sense of Humor
– Coffee Making Skills
– Strong desire to be part of a team of tech-savvy creative professionals
– Proficiency (in order of importance):
– Designing User Interfaces and Business Print Collateral
– Adobe CS Suite — Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
– Copy Editing/Proofreading Skills
– Print Ordering & Pricing Experience
– Acrobat Pro PDF Editing
– Word & PowerPoint Skills
55% — Designing or revising existing UI concepts for clients focused on user experience & business-centered marketing.
30% — Converting websites into WordPress and updating design if need be. Will need to become familiar with streamlined approach to creating ready-to-code designs.
15% — involved in graphic and web design project meetings to help idea development, give new possibilities for implementing relevant trends of web design, and actively contribute to creative brainstorming in general. Let’s hear what you want to contribute to the design world for our clients! We like big ideas.
Contact: To apply, email email@example.com with the Subject Line: Date with MPS and include both your resume, and a link to your online portfolio.