Position: Web Design Intern
What: Explore Consulting seeks a talented Web Design Intern to work with their team of designers and developers using the hottest technologies in business systems and web presence today. This position comes with a high possibility of conversion to fulltime employment.
Work and learn alongside a talented group of business and technology consultants, and showcase your talents in a fun business setting. Explore has successfully converted more than 75% of their past interns into fulltime employees. Interns that have completed their internship with Explore have since promoted themselves into Sr. Consultant, Web Designer, Senior UI Designer, Team Lead, NetSuite eCommerce Consultant, Software Engineer and more. Due to the breadth of services that they perform, they encourage diversity of skills (creative, technical, analytical, etc.). In this role, you will assist Explore Consulting with day to day tasks from marketing initiatives to website maintenance preparation and a host of random design projects for internal or customer needs.
- Design graphics and page layout for all web interfaces and ensure quality across browsers and platforms
- Enhance our corporate identity and branding by ensuring consistency across all customer-facing communications
- Assist in the continued build-out of our current websites
- Analyze and improve site usability
- Develop innovative, inspiring concepts to support outbound marketing campaigns such as HTML emails, landing pages, and more
- Create design templates for sales support documents such as case studies, white papers, solution briefs, and data sheets; ensure that each piece provides a visually appealing customer experience while adhering to our corporate identity
- Assist existing designers with daily tasks including marketing initiatives, content management, website maintenance, and much more
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interactive design or equivalent formal graphic design training
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, and Adobe Acrobat
- XHTML, CSS, and Flash design experience
- Must possess a strong aesthetic sense with in-depth knowledge of color, layout, typography, corporate identity, and branding
- Must be a self starter and continue to learn as solutions and industry dynamics change
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with customers and team members to execute on an implementation plan
- Familiarity with Web UI technologies a plus (JSPs, Struts, AJAX, Web 2.0 UI, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design for websites and web applications
- Knowledge of cross-platform and cross-browser web development, constraints and issues
- Knowledge of ActionScript a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop .NET web applications is a plus
- A solid online portfolio that shows excellent online graphic, design, and layout skills
Contact: Apply here.