Who: DreamBox Learning
Position: Flash Artist
What: DreamBox Learning is currently seeking a Flash Artist to create engaging, interactive and useful tools that teach kids math. NOTE: We are especially seeking a Flash Artist with strong puzzle-y problem-solving skills and Flash-based game experience to turn complex math concepts into beautiful, useful, intuitive experiences. You also need to have illustration skills and good design sense.
DreamBox Learning has been proven effective in helping students achieve math proficiency in an independent study (http://www.dreambox.com/press-release-20110802). DreamBox is a well-funded, fast-paced, growing company with a strong, smart team of dedicated experts who want to make a difference in the future of education. This position contributes directly towards improving the math education of thousands of kids.
You will be working on asset creation and support of “virtual tools.” The tools you create, along with a team, are based on real-world manipulatives that teachers use in classrooms to teach kids math concepts like counting 1-10 or place value or the relationship between the part and the whole with fractions.
• Proficient in Adobe CS, especially Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Animation or equivalent education.
• 4+ years professional experience as a Flash Artist.
• Portfolio URL including Flash art samples.
• You are a Flash expert with industry experience turning static concept art and visual style guides into Flash-based art assets and working with programmers on how best to implement those assets.
• Illustration skills.
• A solid art foundation in design, color theory and composition.
• Teamwork: Self-motivated and able to contribute effectively with teammates. Nice.
• Work well under time and budget constraints, set clear expectations and always meet your deadlines.
• Preference given for candidates with experience creating online games and mobile interfaces and/or consumer or entertainment brand experience.
• Animation skills a plus.
Contact: To apply visit our Careers section online.