Who: Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
Position: Information Technology Specialist 5
Where: Olympia, WA
What: The information System Services Division (ISSD) is the Department’s primary service provider for agency-wide information technology services. The Division is responsible for network infrastructure and support, electronic messaging, telephone and voice services, production control, data security and disaster recovery, Internet/Intranet services, enterprise architecture, formulating agency IT policy, maintaining an IT portfolio, facilitating application governance and setting of agency IT standards, and coordinating oversight reporting to the Information Services Board, enterprise application development services for Executive Administrations, as well as support of the imaging system and the Social Service Payment System.
This position supports the DSHS internet, intranet and agency wide web based applications in order to meet the business needs of the department. It also provides expert level consultation and sp0ecialized analysis, design, development, maintenance, programming, testing, QA, and problem resolution for agency wide projects, systems, databases, and web sites. It is also responsible for developing and maintaining web-based software used to support business processes throughout the organization, this position will be involved in all aspects of web site development. This includes meeting with the end users to gather requirements, translating those requirements into technical specifications, and coding it.
- Four years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment, directing projects, providing customer or technical support in the information technology; or administering or supervising staff that performed work in any of these information technology disciplines.
- 2 + years experience with a Content Management System (Teamsite and/or SharePoint preferred.
- 2 + years experience working with relation database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL, or SQL.
- Strong technical skills with the Microsoft development environment; Visual Studio, IIS and Windows Server platform, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET
- Good communication skills and ability to interact wi5th various groups to determine business requirements. Must be able to work with both the technical and business sides of a project and be able to act as a liaison between them.
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Ability to work in a fast paces, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and programming.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of W3C standards.
Contact: Please go to WWW.Careers.wa.gov and apply to job number 06289 following all of those instructions. If you have any questions please contact Kim Hewitt at 360-664-6163