Who: Blue Nile
Position: Sr. Website Developer/UI Architect
What: Blue Nile is currently seeking a Sr. Website Developer/UI Architect. In this position, you will be the lead developer in a front-end development team. You will be responsible for the front-end design and architecture and will guide the team to accomplish their goals. The team works closely with a variety of non-technical business groups within the organization and is responsible for the usability and feature implementation for the Blue Nile store.
• Responsible for implementing features with a focus on usability, quality, SEO, and performance.
• Responsible for implementing templates that deliver capabilities based upon site mock-ups created by the design team.
• Responsible for prototyping new features and site applications in a quick, iterative manner. You will have the opportunity to be creative and to help drive ideas into implementation.
• Responsible for recommending new tools and software packages/libraries that are used for development groups that will enable and empower individuals within the group to be more productive.
• Responsible for working with the infrastructure team on defining and refining back end web services. You should also have skills and willingness to work in server side code in Java and Freemarker. Experience with Hibernate, SQL, and Java are necessary. Expertise in working on sites that require high performance and availability is strongly desired.
Contact: Click here to apply.