Position: Search Engine Marketing Manager
What: This role will be responsible for the internal development of paid search engine marketing campaigns for Expedia & Hotels.com in North America, and may coordinate with other language specialists for managing North American campaigns in French or Spanish. The position will be ultimately responsible for building and managing our paid search program and will be managed to specific top line and bottom line metrics, as well as the ability to deliver projects and execute/improve processes core to the management of the channel.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Paid Search, you will be expected to execute the strategy for these campaigns, and utilize internal and external tools as necessary to maximize the contribution of the campaigns. You will receive assignments as related to your campaigns or global projects with wider scope with the expectation that you will solve these independently and bring clarity to ambiguity. You will work with colleagues running other paid search campaigns to share and develop each others’ skills and paid search best practices, as we build our global paid search competency. Expedia is one of the largest online marketers in the world and this position will benefit from a wide exposure to online marketing techniques and channels.
• Execute & “own” discrete paid search campaigns across multiple engines and multiple geographies to ensure the company’s specific goals are met.
• Responsible for day-to-day management of paid search campaigns including keyword generation, ad copy writing and testing, bid management, landing page optimization, budget management etc.
• Manage & maintain relationships with internal customers/partners to communicate campaign performance/progress to goals.
• Assist in the development & refinement of paid search strategy & best practices.
• Gather actionable data from our various sources to ensure consistent and continual optimization of the campaigns.
• Generate and disseminate management reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of campaign performance trends.
• Consume data from our tracking providers and search agencies (e.g. Omniture) and work to ensure that the tracking data is used effectively to the benefit of the campaign.
• Manage relationships with search engines & agencies to further optimize Expedia’s search marketing campaigns.
• Must be passionate about Search Marketing and ambitious to develop.
• Must be of a technical and analytical mindset. Experience working with large sets of data will be advantageous.
• Direct experience of managing large scale, complex paid search campaigns is highly preferred but not necessary. Otherwise, seeking demonstrated repeated success in driving deep insights from smaller programs.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Fluency in English is required and fluency in a second language will be a distinct advantage, as we are a global team.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
• University Degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 years experience in search engine marketing or other analytical online marketing
• Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to Expedia’s business success.
• Analytical and Data driven: Highly data/number centric. Prefers to work with large amounts of data and is extremely comfortable with spreadsheets and modeling using Excel.
• Managing Complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
• Goal setting/ short term planning: Achieves results/goals by driving processes, analysis and incisive decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changing circumstances.
• Innovation: Embraces creativity, innovation and is open to new ideas. Innovates to improve current working practices / products / technologies to provide business opportunities and outputs.
• Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, valued team member and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
• Strategy / Planning: Understands the needs and direction of the business, anticipating and recommending business priorities to meet these. Embraces change and recommends ways to improve current working practices/products to grow the business.
• Business Management: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by effective management of business processes. Effectively plans, budgets, tracks and evaluates performance of his/her business area.
Contact: Apply online.