Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This is a highly strategic and facilitative role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. As the EVP’s ‘trusted counsel’, the role requires a highly inventive individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and excellent analytical skills.
- Support EVP in the development, communication and execution of strategic and operational accountabilities; partners with Sr Leadership team, FP&A, HR to align accountabilities across teams
- Review meeting purpose and agenda to ensure Sr Leadership focused on the highest strategic and operational priority items. Provide pre-meeting preparation and briefing to EVP. Attend all Sr Leadership meetings to capture outcomes and assign follow on actions, track status and facilitate accountability
- Evolve the rhythm of the business governance, with input from key partners, to ensure the right cadence and balance of strategic and operational emphasis. This will include annual and quarterly review and planning
- Take the lead in coordinating timely and appropriate content is prepared for all key EVP communications and presentations to internal/external audiences; ensure content is consistent across all forms of media.
- Act as a 2-way voice for and from the EVP in initiatives, projects and at meetings when needed, leads outcomes and provide summary to EVP
- Lead, drive and own projects, individually and through teams, for the EVP as required which are often confidential and time-sensitive in nature; frequently providing guidance and working with project teams
- Organize action teams received from Executive Staff to EVP and Sr Business Leadership to ensure programmatic response and execution
- Gather, organize, interpret, and report data used by other leaders to make sound business decisions; prepare related recommendations as required
- Facilitate connections and be a catalyst between EVP, Sr Leadership and other employees without being a layer or filter
- Keep a pulse on the business, be systemic and connect dots with others across the company to heighten efficiency and enablement
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of the strategy, products, customers and business to be a voice for and to EVP
- Ability to understand business operations and financial management
- Strategic thinker and planner with the ability able to translate strategy to tactics and drive operational details
- Highly structured and organized to drive the business rhythm and cadence while being flexible and adaptable to evolving needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex disparate data, utilize and present data interpretation to drive insight and inform decision-making
- Partner with key communications groups (internal, external and research) to use multi-channels to reflect EVP style and substance which influence, inform, drive behavior and call to action
- Work collaboratively across multiple groups to increase and enable frictionless decision-making
- Board Level presentation experience
- Experience leading, owning and driving complex projects with multiple work streams spanning different businesses and disciplines
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Breadth of thinking and operationalization to lead work streams while owning and driving details
- Present and comfortably and engaging at the Sr Leadership level
- Have a real passion for and consistent track record for execution with measurable results in dynamic, energizing environment
- May require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 20% of the time spent traveling.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience within F5 or other enterprise software company with strong cross-functional experience, deep business and technical acumen
- BA or BS required, MBA is preferred
- Deep knowledge or certification in F5 products is a plus