The Cloud & AI Corporate Strategy team is chartered with defining the strategy for Microsoft’s Cloud & AI business. The team has built a track record of spotting trends early and using those insights to drive Microsoft’s strategy and direction.
The group broadly focuses on three sets of activities:
- Product Strategy: Translating strategy into product reality across Azure, Business SaaS, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Mixed Reality, Developer, big bet M&A (e.g., the team drove the recent GitHub acquisition).
- Customer Strategy: Directly engaging with C-suite of top Microsoft customers to help them formulate their Digital Transformation strategy
- Corp Strategy and Thought leadership: Thought leadership on the major shifts in the technology industry such as Digital Transformation (e.g., this was the team that originally pushed for Microsoft’s strategy shift towards the cloud- https://news.microsoft.com/download/archived/presskits/cloud/docs/The-Economics-of-the-Cloud.pdf)
You will play a key role in not only the continuing transforming of one of the world’s largest software companies but also in transforming whole industries as we help customers charter their Digital Transformation journey. You will be a leader in the team and directly engage with the most senior leaders of the company.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects for top leaders of the company across thought leadership, product strategy, and customer strategy
- Build a deep network of senior relationships inside the company
- Lead, coach, and hire team members of the strategy team
- Work with experts and stakeholders across the organization (e.g., Product Teams, Sales, Finance, Corp Dev, Marketing, Biz Dev) as well as externally (e.g., Industry Analysts, Partners, Customers)
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
- Principal or equivalent management consulting role at one of the top tier strategy consulting firms OR equivalent role in an internal Corporate Strategy team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence the most senior leaders at the company
- Passion for technology and technology experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A ‘question the status quo’ and entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and develop new skills
Apply online at company site.