Position: Marketing Assistant and Advertising Coordinator
What: GeekWire, the leading technology news source in the Pacific Northwest, is growing its team with the addition of an all-purpose superstar to manage and coordinate various aspects of the GeekWire business. This role requires marketing and organizational chops, working directly with the GeekWire business and editorial teams. It also requires excellent writing skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate will serve as the nerve center of GeekWire, driving the organization forward through a series of high-impact tasks that include:
- Assist GeekWire advertisers with display advertising campaigns, connecting with them to collect creative, generate reports and field questions.
- Load all GeekWire ad campaigns in DoubleClick for Publishers; WordPress, Mail Chimp and other online tools.
- Handle collections and billing.
- Create ad analytics reports showing the results of online ad campaigns.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of an online advertising calendar.
- Manage the planning and fulfillment of annual sponsorships.
- Draft and post Tweets and other social media messages that promote sponsors, as part of larger sponsorship packages.
- Manage the GeekWire daily e-mail newsletter, including ad insertion and list management. Assist in the growth of new subscribers.
- Work to fill seats and build buzz for GeekWire events, from 200-person meetups to signature events with more than 1,000 attendees.
- Craft copy and manage email campaigns to past attendees and GeekWire audience.
- Create and execute new social media and content strategies, with a goal to double GeekWire’s audience in 12 months.
- Master of Google Analytics to get a better understanding of GeekWire’s reach, audience and potential. Mine data to bolster social media efforts, and build traffic. Weekly reports presented to GeekWire team.
- Promote, market and grow GeekWork, GeekWire’s Job Board.
- Promote, market and grow ALLtech health insurance program.
- Help devise new strategies to grow GeekWire’s audience and business.
- Manage and operate the GeekWire Membership program. Devise ways to attract new members and add more value to existing members.
- Put together marketing materials to promote the membership program at events, and other venues. Register members for each event, keeping a comprehensive database connected to the GeekWire customer relationship management system.
- Facilitate introductions of interested startup members to GeekWire’s insurance partners.
- Promote and market memberships. Serve as primary liason to membership community. Send monthly update to members with prizes and other content.
- Get to know members at events, build relationships, ensure a VIP experience.
- Manage the GeekWire office, including routine tasks such as mail pickup and deposits.
- Assist GeekWire staffers with event coordination and planning, staffing booths at GeekWire Meetups, signature events and private VIP receptions.
- Setup and manage Eventbrite page for each GeekWire event. Handle all sponsor input on pages with logos and links to sponsors’ Web sites. Write and organize copy for the pages.
- Work in conjunction with the sales team to make sure sponsors are receiving value, and getting the most bang for their buck at events.
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture, taking initiative to create and accomplish tasks that drive the business forward.
- Has a solid background in customer service, managing inquiries from members, advertisers and readers. Solves issues with a smile.
- Has the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, multi-tasking and prioritizing. Highly organized with an enthusiasm to learn.
- Understands and is a quick study of online tools such as Google Docs, MailChimp, WordPress, EventBrite, Dropbox and Doubleclick.
- Operates as a self-starter, stepping into new tasks with enthusiasm and a “can-do” spirit.
- Serves an ambassador for the business, attending events and spreading the GeekWire brand into new corners of the world.
- Enjoys working as a part of a scrappy startup team, and has a passion for delivering business results.
- Interest and/or experience in graphic design is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Please provide writing sample).
- 2+ years experience in a marketing; administrative support or online advertising coordinator role.
How: Apply Here