Who: Blue Origin
Position: Avionics Software Development Engineer
Where: Kent, WA
What: Blue Origin, LLC is developing technologies to enable private human access to space at dramatically lower cost and increased reliability. We’ve adopted an incremental approach, with each development step building on the prior development. We are currently focused on developing rocket-powered Vertical Takeoff and Vertical Landing (VTVL) vehicles for access to suborbital and orbital space.
As part of a small team, you’ll write high-performance code for innovative real-time embedded systems. Together, our team develops the on-board and ground software that monitors and controls fully autonomous spacecraft. This hands-on position requires a commitment to quality and attention to detail commensurate with safe human spaceflight and provides an opportunity to directly impact the history of human space exploration.
- Create real-time embedded software to support control and diagnostics of human-capable spacecraft
- Define and develop low-level requirements and software designs
- Write code to implement designs in C/C++
- Perform unit and integration testing and assure quality to safety-critical standards
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop requirements for, and plan hardware and software architectures supporting advanced spaceflight systems
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Innovative problem solver with an interest in spacecraft systems development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information.
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
- Experience with real-time and/or safety-critical software development
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos
- Experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking
How: Apply Here