Who: Blue Origin
Position: Software Engineer
Where: Kent, WA
What: Blue Origin, LLC is developing technologies to enable private human access to space at dramatically lower cost and increased reliability. We’ve adopted an incremental approach, with each development step building on the prior development. We are currently focused on developing rocket-powered Vertical Takeoff and Vertical Landing (VTVL) vehicles for access to suborbital and orbital space.
Responsibilities: As a part of a rapidly evolving team, you will help develop 21st Century software systems to design, build and operate space vehicles. Using the latest technologies, you will build systems that will become the foundation of a company that is doing things for which no blueprint exists.
We are designing systems that track millions of physical parts (both on Earth and off), complex manufacturing activities in remote locations, systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We seek software engineers of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and possess a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a member of our team, you will work with:
- Highly complex graph databases
- 3-D visualizations
- The latest UI development frameworks
- Systems that integrate with physical hardware
- Backend distributed systems
- Cloud computing platforms
- You’ll have a hand in all levels of the development stack, from gathering requirements to architecting systems to writing code to supporting users during operation. We’ll give you top-notch development hardware and drop you into a high-performing team so you can contribute immediately via direct interaction with our customers, which begins on day one.
- Successful candidate will:
- Work with customers to understand requirements and translate into system requirements and designs’
- Design, develop and support mission critical back-end systems
- Design and develop rich user experiences that will be used on a daily basis all throughout the company
- Evaluate, integrate and extend commercial products using industry standard integration approaches, e.g. REST services, enterprise service buses, web services and message queues
- Think outside the box. Challenge why things were done a certain way in the past and figure out how we can do things better.
Minimum of a B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other engineering-related degree
Expertise in Java, C++ or another objected-oriented language
Experience with full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
Ability to absorb information quickly and bring yourself up to speed in an unfamiliar environment
Self-driven with the ability to seek out requirements with minimal direction
U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
Experience designing, building and deploying systems from the ground-up
Windows and Linux experience
Experience with non-relational or graph databases
Experience horizontally scaling distributed systems
Experience with processing very large data sets
How: Apply Here