Position: Software Engineer
What: Are you critical, analytical and skeptical? Do you like breaking things? Do you describe yourself as a QA Ninja? Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that delivers live video streaming over the Internet? Live streaming is exploding and now is the time to capitalize on this opportunity.
iStreamPlanet, the leader in online live event and live linear broadcasting is looking for strong SDETs to help us deliver world class products and services in a cloud infrastructure. Aventus, our flagship product, is being built from the ground up for the cloud…running on commodity hardware and virtualized environments.
The ideal candidate is a rock star tester that is energized by working in a dynamic environment, embraces the challenges of building products from the ground up and is passionate about delivering best in class, scalable services. The candidate will play a significant role in the design and testing of a media workflow system to control one channel of video or thousands.
The candidate will work to analyze our current set of test cases and software architecture to determine how best to automate tests and validate the results. You will develop new tests as needed by analyzing technologies in-house as well as 3rd party tools to determine which will work best in the target environment. The end goal is to facilitate a highly efficient QA team and to reduce time to market for features and bugs fixes. Core technology involves testing audio/video streams as well as functional aspects of cloud computing. If you are familiar with technologies such as H.264, MPEG-2 Transport Streams, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming or cloud computing then this is the job for you!
- Develop Automated Test tools
- Identify and drive development of automated QA solutions wherever possible
- Creation of test plans
- Manual Testing as needed
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- 5+ years of professional experience developing and executing automated test suites, experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Knowledge of Performance/Stress testing methodology
- Experience working with audio/video streams is a plus
- Knowledge of digital video encoding and compression technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with C#, C++, Visual Studio, JSON, REST, SOAP
How: Apply Here