Position: Senior Digital Designer
What: Reporting to the Director of Project Services, you’ll conceptualize and create engaging interactive digital designs, and actively collaborate throughout the life of a project (discovery, visual design, interaction design, development, testing, etc). You will be an integral player in bringing beautiful ideas to digital life. Working closely with UX and IA designers on one side and developers on the other, you’ll be counted on to bridge the two with compelling creative. Any day of the week you may be designing a web site, a mobile app, an email, or animating videos, all while conscientiously aligning your work with project goals and marketing strategy. And helping others knock through their creative block is pretty important too.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client needs, project objectives, scope and deadlines
- Cohesively work with project contributors, facilitate and support team efforts, and mentor and guide junior designers as needed.
- Organize and prioritize content, assets and messaging by creating functional architecture and wireframes.
- Create compelling and original visual and interactive designs and ensure designs align with client expectations and overall project goals.
- Present designs to internal management and clients.
- Deliver final required designs to developers for inclusion in the final product
- Create style guides and design specifications for developers Keep up with industry trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in or lead knowledge exchanges with peers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years agency or other real-world design experience and a passion for continued learning
- A strong portfolio showcasing completed designs such as websites, mobile apps, animations, and videos, and clearly articulating your individual contribution
- A solid understanding of design principles and the ability to apply them to complex tasks (including typography, grids, color theory, and responsive layout)
- Understanding and experience with modern web technologies (HTML, CSS, JQuery) and familiarity with Mac OSX and mobile platforms (iPhone/iPad, Android etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primary focus on Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Motion design experience with Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects
- Ability to formally and effectively articulate your creative decisions, and accept collaborative and constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Ability to focus and work quickly under pressure in the event of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Knowledge and execution of digital user experience principles, and ability to effectively work with user experience designers to enhance your designs