Who: Get Schooled Foundation
Position: Social Media Manager
What: Get Schooled Foundation is seeking an innovative and creative Social Media Manager to develop and manage effective, cutting-edge strategies to harness the power of social media to engage youth and their communities around critical needs in education. With primary responsibility for managing the overall social media presence of Get Schooled, the Social Media Manager will create and implement a social media strategy both to increase the visibility of Get Schooled, and to directly engage youth as a key part of the organization’s programmatic impact. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with a love of pop culture to positively influence education in this country by designing and implementing innovative, effective ideas for using social media as a high-impact engagement tool. This role may require a flexible schedule including the ability to work weekends, early mornings and late nights.
• Integrate the use of social media channels to extend digital and in-school campaigns through the management of communities in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, forums, etc.
• Develop and execute against plan to use social channels to add additional content, value, engagement opportunities
• Participate in and drive conversations within various social channels
• Use social media tools and reporting to increase engagement success and track overall impressions
• Work directly with Digital Manager to find satisfying answers to challenging community questions
• Identify key influencers, and report potential threats
• Ensure high quality of all messages
• Creatively write copy for optimal performance, then use performance insight data for continuous improvement of editorial calendars
• Manage and execute day-to-day publishing against weekly, monthly editorial calendars
• Ensure high quality of all messages and consistent voice
• Help outline and develop rich editorial calendar; includes assistance identifying, creating, and curating editorial content that appeals to our core audience
• Participate in and/or drive creative campaign development and content concepts, including thinking through goals/metrics for different campaigns
• Coordinate with whole GS team on how to create social campaigns to further key GS goals, help design and map out all details for chosen campaigns
• Track impact of all social campaigns and engagement efforts
• Identify and incorporate key learnings in an effort to continually strengthen impact
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• 2+ years experience managing social media channels including facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, etc.
• Passion for connecting with and motivating youths to stay in school
• Willingness to work independently in a flexible, dynamic environment with a positive attitude
• A baseline understanding of advertising, traditional and mobile marketing, public relations, customer service, strategic brand management and agency operations
• Demonstrate knowledge, or awareness, of social media tools and platforms, like HootSuite, Google Analytics, OfferPop, etc.
• Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment.
Contact: [email protected]