Who: Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Position: Social Media Sr. Analyst (6 Mos. Assignment)
What: Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, one of the world’s largest independent communications agencies, is looking for a Social Media Sr. Analyst to join our Insight & Analytics team in a very exceptional way. The Insight & Analytics (I&A) team provides research and measurement services at all stages of campaign planning and execution. Insight & Analytics experts work in conjunction with agency teams and also directly with external clients to understand the market landscape and evaluate the success of a campaign. In addition, the team advances agency intellectual property through the development of new methodologies, tools and services to solve client business problems. Services include primary and secondary research, crisis communications and issues management analysis, campaign measurement, brand and competitive assessments, influence identification and rankings, buzz and social media measurement, digital footprints and web analytics.
This role will focus on social media intelligence delivery — from planning to design to implementation and reporting. Please note this is a temporary 6-month position (40 hours/week) in the Redmond, WA area.
• Understand social intelligence requirements
• Develop options for how to best support those requirements
• Determine and gather the necessary information and documentation that will inform the Query, Entity, and Key Message definitions. You will work with teams to understand how the search will be constructed to ensure it focuses on finding the right information.
• Write queries and definitions
• Check the results of the definitions against actual documents
• Research and administer social media listening tools on a daily basis
• Demonstrate expertise in query building, colocation terms, aliasing, Boolean logic etc.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently, from collecting requirements to delivering final output
• Understand the differences in the way people communicate on social networks vs. in-person
• Experience working with popular social media monitoring tools (Sysomos, Radian6, Twitter Search, Social Mention, Traackr, etc.) and popular social media management tools (TweetDeck, HootSuite, etc.)
• Monitor and perform quality control of social media results on a daily basis in coordination with client goals and objectives
• Pay close attention to detail and effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, public relations or journalism
• 3-5 years’ experience with social media monitoring/listening and analytics
• Online database capabilities; setting up search strings, outlet lists, find publication information, advanced search and basic understanding of news aggregators
• Proficiency using the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, and data and research tools such as Factiva, LexisNexis, etc.
• Passionate with a deep sense of curiosity and hunger for information around social listening, social media, and text analytics
• Experience with social media tracking and reporting required
• Effective listening skills and be able to clearly articulates information, ideas, opinions. You can vary your communication style to meet audience needs.
Contact: Please submit your resume (in a Word document only please) via our website at http://jobs.waggeneredstrom.com/jobs/697687-Social-Media-Sr-Analyst.aspx