Position: Interaction Designer
What: As an Interaction Designer, you will build delightful, polished products that excite users. Your work will involve designing interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. You have a strong interest in technology and know how to work alongside engineers and product managers. You can tell compelling stories about users and products to support your work.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” We’re passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Help define the user model and user interface for new and existing Google products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
- Expert HTML skills.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Contact: Apply online.