Position: Online Marketing Specialist
What: The Online Marketing Specialist will work with the team’s Marketing Managers to help manage the online marketing for our retail clients. The position is a great starting position with the team for marketers seeking to expand their knowledge base of online retail marketing.Mercent seeks an Online Marketing Specialist to join the Mercent Performance team. Mercent Performance manages our clients’ pay-for-performance marketing programs on comparison shopping engines (Google Product Search, NexTag, Shopzilla, etc.) and marketplaces (Amazon, eBay, etc.).
- Assist with execution of client’s online performance marketing plans through Mercent Retail
- Assist with goals definition, customer communication, reporting and problem solving
- Assist in the management of bidding strategies on comparison shopping engines
- Develop and optimize content at the product level for the client’s product catalog
- Monitor and track ad spend budgets and performance of Mercent supported online marketing buys on a daily basis
- Generate marketing performance reports, providing analysis and execute on that analysis to ensure positive ROI where appropriate
- Audit the online channels to assess offer accuracy, attachment and competitiveness
- Coordinate with the retailer’s marketing and merchandising/promo calendars to ensure that the online marketing is in sync with the retailer’s messaging
- Set up each channel account in Mercent Retail
- Perform category mapping on behalf of the client
- Complete project requests and ad hoc tasks in support of the client’s business
The ideal candidate will have hands-on management experience in online marketing. They will also bring to this position proven success in managing third-party marketing programs on behalf of retail clients. The successful candidate must be able to interface and coordinate well with other teams.
- 1+ years of experience managing performance based online marketing programs for a major retailers or direct-to-consumer marketer
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on the analysis
- Strong understanding of online marketing venues, strategies and best practices.
- Results-oriented, collaborative work style
- High client empathy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid problem-solving skills, and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Knowledge of search listing providers, 3rd party SEM tools, tracking tools, bid-management systems and keyword development tools a plus
- Familiarity with e-commerce analytics software to evaluate retail marketing, sales transactions, and customer data.
- Familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) business models, Web Services, and basic XML understanding a plus.
- Advanced skills in Excel
B.A./B.S degree in Business or Marketing