Position: Associate Director, Social Media
What: The Associate Director, Social Media acts as the lead strategic resource to develop and execute social influence marketing programs on behalf of his or her assigned clients.
The Associate Director works directly with the client and Razorfish teams to plan, execute and measure all aspects of social media programs, interfacing with team members from search, creative, media, technology, BI, strategy, and UX to develop multi-functional approaches to client needs and serve up futuristic branded social experiences. This role is for a client-facing thought leader who can inspire teams, present unique and visionary points of view in the industry, and get along with all kinds of people. Must be passion-driven and emotionally intelligent.
- Provide regular and consistent engagement with clients around all aspects of social programming including (and not limited to) social media channel management, content creation, digital public relations, promotions, partnerships, outreach initiatives, online events, media planning, etc.
- Develop and execute social programming strategies, plans and audits including content strategy, researching competitors and writing summaries.
- Oversee and manage complex social media/digital projects through to implementation and measurement.
- Serve as key day-to-day client counselor on social media strategy with the client and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Collaborate closely with the media planning and search marketing / SEO teams to leverage digital advertising and organic/paid promotional activities where appropriate.
- Work with creative, UX, and technology teams to support social media asset development including social network pages, profiles, apps and widgets.
- Work closely with analytics teams to establish reporting goals, methodologies and deliverables.
- Support delivery management and client engagement in drafting proposals, budgets and timelines for client projects.
- Understand basic research techniques and methodologies and use them to support development/execution of client campaigns.
- Exhibit strong understanding of market and digital capabilities.
- Assist in business development activities such as contributing to RFP responses and proposals.
- 5 to 7 years of social media and digital experience at a public relations/communications, interactive, advertising, media, or marketing agency; or diverse client-side experience supporting branded interactive experiences.
- Strong digital communications and content development background.
- Strong expertise with social media measurement tools and platforms; timely knowledge of trends and hot topics.
- Previous experience leading digital teams and programs or campaigns on sizeable pieces of business.
- Previous experience developing, managing and implementing online marketing, social media and word-of-mouth campaigns (including blogger/influencer programs); experience with online promotions, sweepstakes/contests and partnerships a plus.
- Experience integrating social media programming and communications across multiple platforms and channels.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to counsel clients’ on online marketing issues.
- Knowledge and experience with online issues/reputation management programming.
- Knowledge of web site development and platform builds, search engine optimization and search engine marketing fundamentals as well as mobile marketing.
- Ability to manage budgets and calculate program ROI.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Kung fu knowledge doesn’t hurt.
If interested, please apply online.