Who: En Masse Entertainment
Position: MMORPG Web Development Engineer
Where: Seattle (Downtown)
What: En Masse Entertainment is seeking a Web Development Engineer in preparation for the launch of TERA, the most exciting and graphically stunning massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) ever made. Created by a development staff of over 200 people, this upcoming title will take the gaming world by storm.
Responsibilities: The Web Development Engineer is responsible for the technical design, feature creation and day to day technical management of EME’s overall web presence, including enmasse.com, tera-online.com and other individual game sites. Working closely with marketing and other internal groups, including peers at Bluehole Studios in South Korea, the Web Development Engineer will assist the Online Director and focus on the technical execution of our online projects. This includes technical planning and development of your own features, but also assisting 3rd party developers and the game development teams in Korea with the integration of their code and acting as the technical liaison to our internal Operations team, ensuring that the hardware and network infrastructure you need to succeed is in place and ready to go.
Requirements: 4+ years of development experience building dynamic websites on Unix/Linux systems.
• 1-2 years of managing networks, security, servers and workstations
• 1-2 years of database development and management
• Experience with modern web programming in Perl, Ruby, Python or PHP
• Experience and understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Experience with web security issues and how to avoid them
• Web Services integration experience (XML, SOAP)
• Experience with Drupal CMS is a plus
• Experience developing websites and applications for mobile devices is a plus
• Ability to convert layouts and content into fully functional websites with pixel perfect accuracy.
• Must possess strong written and verbal skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and project management.
• Knowledge of MMOs and other online games is essential.
Contact: For more information about the game, see www.tera-online.com. Please apply at: http://jobs.enmasse.com/apply/b0ff/2ed2