Position: Information Architect
What: Since 1995, Classmates.com has understood the value of memories and the power of human connections. Consumer interest in reconnecting with nostalgic memories has helped Classmates.com grow to more than 50 million registered accounts across its social networking Web sites, and we continue evolve our services to further expand our value proposition. Information Architect (IA) is responsible for capturing the product requirements collected from product management and working closely with other stakeholders including visual design, development and user research to build the best possible user experience. You will document the requirements in wireframes, site maps and interaction diagrams.
You will serve as a user advocate within project teams and promote user needs, preferences, and behaviors through a deep understanding of the latest usability conventions and standards as well as the business’s strategic needs and desired user paths. You will work both independently and in collaborative teams to communicate design ideas effectively and drive a user-centered design process. >br>
• Work collaboratively and iteratively to develop concepts as well as execute solutions.
• Design IA strategies with complete user experience and business objectives in mind.
• Create simple interaction models that allow users to understand and manage the unique information and relationships of this company’s website.
• Develop, document and maintain design requirements for new products and product enhancements.
• Work closely with visual design, engineering and production management team members to ensure execution of design requirements.
• Be a User Experience advocate, ensuring business leaders understand the value of UX activities and helping to develop and drive User Experience strategy for the brand.
• Create sitemaps, wireframes and other architectural documents, as needed, based on firm understanding of business requirements and planning
• Ensure site IA integrity and quality control.
• Work with internal production teams, freelance design teams and agencies on contracted projects as directed.
• Stay ahead of industry design standards and trends.
• Work with development staff to successfully communicate design for technical and functional implementation.
• Expert experience with major IA design software (Visio and Illustrator)
• Expert knowledge of the web’s design opportunities and limitations as well as technical specifications
• Ability to both use and build interaction and design patterns
• Ability to quickly familiarize with business goals and represent in wireframes and interaction diagrams
• Ability to self-manage projects and work within time deadlines
• Ability to generate, articulate and present IA concepts and strategies
• Mac and/or PC Computer skills
• Proven ability to deliver cross platform, cross browser
• Attention to detail
• Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
• 5 years experience as Information Architect or equivalent position
• Expert in providing IA deliverables (wireframes, interaction diagrams, pattern definition, functional specs) and able to create innovative approaches to these
• Able to conduct comparative analysis and work with research teams to define general objectives and specific task flow for user testing
• Able to lead IA projects and be instrumental in conceptualizing and brainstorming from an IA perspective
• Expert level of understanding of usability principles, web standards and conventions
• Leader in User Experience within the larger organization having strong and direct working relationships with Sr. level members of all other groups
Contact: Please apply to http://mycareer.untd.com.