Position: Director of Product Management
What: RealNetworks, Inc. is the leading creator of the digital media services and software. Consumers use our services and software to find, play, purchase, and manage free and premium digital music, games, and videos. Broadcasters, media companies, network operators, and other enterprises use our products and services to manage and deliver digital media to personal computers, mobile phones, and other consumer electronics devices.
Helix team at RealNetworks is looking for a accomplished product management professional to take our technology business to the next level. If you are passionate about video delivery technologies, mobile, multi-screen, consumer electronics devices than this is the right opportunity for you.
Responsibilities: • Helix Server • Helix Producer • RealPlayer Enterprise • Other products used to deliver video in education, government, enterprise, mobile, and broadband markets. 1. Develop marketing requirements documents and manage product roadmaps • Produce marketing requirements document (MRD) • Work with program managers to translate MRD into functional spec • Own formation and maintenance of product roadmaps in collaboration with sales and the development team • Communicate product roadmaps to sales and customers
2. Deeply understand target customer and markets • Develop market segmentation and identify target markets • Understand customer processes, video applications, and challenges. Articulate current and future video related unmet needs • Develop relationships with key customers with the aim of collecting feedback used in product/feature development • Analyze competitions and track market shares
3. Formulate go-to-market plans and work with product marketing, and corporate marketing groups to execute the plan • Lead development group go-to-market (create SKUs, pricing, user manuals) • Aid marketing group in the launch (product presentations, sales training, PR, datasheets, web page updates, tradeshows, etc.) • Support trials and early customers
4. Provide marketing support and customer input for the current development projects • Work closely with the program manager to ensure current projects deliver promised functionality on time • Work closely with sales team to provide customer input into needed functions • Make appropriate features vs. time to market decisions • Manage beta test program • Ensure product quality by monitoring the bug process and making appropriate quality vs. time to market decisions
5. Manage product profitability • Support sales with large deals • Set pricing to ensure target margins • Meet revenue and margin commitments
6. Study new market opportunities and develop business cases for new features and products • Identify industry problems related to delivery of video to the three screens • Articulate the full solution • Conceptualize product enhancements and new products to solve the identified industry problems • Investigate revenue potential, and develop distribution strategy to capitalize on the revenue potential • Work with the development team to estimate the resources needed to deliver the full solution • Summarize the opportunity in the form of the business case • Work with the management team to make invest/don’t invest decisions
Accountability • Projects completed on time • Revenue goals achieved • Product margins achieved • Product quality • Roadmaps published and regularly updated
Objective: Develop market leading product solutions for multi-screen video for mobile, broadband, and enterprise customers.
Requirements: Education Bachelor’s degree (engineering degree preferred. MBA highly desired. Experience 10+ years or overall business experience, 6+ years in product management function. Functional experience Defining successful products. Technical experience Experience with video delivery technologies (RTSP, HTTP Streaming, servers, encoders, codecs) Experience with wireless video applications (3GPP, media engines, players) DRM. Market experience Products and solutions for business to business markets Video solutions for mobile carriers Video solutions for education, government, and enterprises. This is a technical role so the ideal candidate will have both product management skills and deep technical/technology skills.
Contact: Apply online.