The Content Marketing Manager leads MoPOP’s content initiatives across all social media, blog, email, and content hubs.
The ideal candidate will have deep Nerd knowledge and passion for pop culture content, growth-hacking in their DNA, and be an expert in best practices and community-building on key social media platforms. They will have a proven track record of audience building from the ground up and be an agile content creator with a creative mind driven by KPI’s.
They will take our content and thought-leadership to the next level, engaging with a deeply passionate and knowledgeable audience across channels. They will leverage pop culture (old and new) and current events to produce relevant, multi-platform content that entertains, enriches, and drives MoPOP’s brand and mission.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties assigned):
- Manage content channels including social media, email, and blog, and digital content hubs including website and app
- Own editorial calendar for social media, email, blog
- Write and produce compelling content, both authored and outsourced
- Drive engagement, audience growth, traffic to website, and purchase conversion via content
- Track and report on measurable metrics demonstrating growth in traffic, content engagement, and conversion across channels
- Research, develop, and roll out new content and blog distribution strategies that include outreach for linking opportunities
- Collaborate with Creative Studio in the development and production of creative assets
- Integrate content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand awareness and demand
- Optimize and republish top performing content
- Seek out opportunities for content syndication through external venues such as partner blogs and publishing platforms
- Recruit and supervise freelance contributors
- Oversee budget and own content ROI
- Stay on top of cutting-edge industry trends & news across all channels
- Collaborate with web and app development team and vendors, owning content strategy for those hubs
- Supervise video content production relevant to blog, email, and social media content
- Ongoing content creation across visual/audio mediums that drives engagement and conversion
- Represent MoPOP as a subject matter expert
- 5+ years of content marketing experience with emphasis on social media and email marketing
- Solid understanding of content management and editorial
- Ability to work extremely well across departments and successfully bring teams together toward common goals and consensus
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Familiarity with Sprout, Google Analytics, and ESP. Ability to analyze data and translating into actionable insights
- Experience managing a CMS
- Ability to hustle, maintain high energy, and be flexible in a constantly evolving and high-growth environment
CONTACT: Apply online.