Are you interested in driving the creative vision for the world’s most innovative brand? Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented creative leader to develop strategy and implement a strong vision for our brand marketing initiatives including advertising and video.
AWS is the world’s fastest growing, multi-billion dollar technology company and provides the technology powering over a million active customers in 190 countries. This Creative Director at AWS will set the creative brand direction for the cloud computing market leader, and establish and implement our creative content strategy across our advertising and video programs.
We are seeking a senior leader who can lead a talented creative & production teams to elevate our creative and brand. Our advertising is run in select global markets and includes TV, Online Video, out of home, and digital. Our video program consists of the most viewed videos within Cloud computing spanning across various categories from event videos, how-to’s, intro videos and long form content. Elevating both programs is a CEO-level mandate, as we seek to deliver a creative strategy that engages our customers, helps deliver key business outcomes, and becomes a destination for premium content.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced creative leader with experience in managing an extensive creative portfolio, building out a content strategy & roadmap, and has successfully demonstrated taking business goals and turning them into inspiring world-class creative. He/she must establish the goals and strategy for our video program and manage to measureable KPI’s, and write/present docs to leadership. The individual must have an understanding of the complexity of marketing and know how to set the visual standard and brand for a leading technology company. This person doesn’t have to design creative or produce, but they have to have the ability to assess creative, to understand how the creative ladders up to a cohesive creative strategy, and lead teams of internal and external talent to deliver them. This person must have passion, capability, resourcefulness and relentlessly high standards to help drive the creative vision for AWS. And they must have strong business leadership skills, particularly in communication skills to sell leadership in a subjective area. The role also requires the ability to develop ideas quickly in response to business needs, turn creative concepts into high-quality, on-brand customer experiences, manage complex planning schedules, develop and build a team of talented creative designers & producers, and be flexible in changing priorities.
- Collaboratively establishes the creative (advertising/video) strategy for AWS marketing and provide oversight for a talented team of visual designers, art directors, creative directors and producers
- Establish and foster a creative culture that enables world-class creative development
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders across AWS, as well as usability, business, and development teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand customer experiences for video, events, and advertising
- Present design solutions and gracefully defend creative decisions to executive management
- Understand and respond to performance data and steer the direction of future creative designs
- Establish best practice and process for development and ensure quality is monitored
- Document project successes and communicate to the wider business
- Present and defend creative decisions to executive leadership
- Minimum of 15 years experience as a Creative Director (or equivalent) working at creative (advertising or video production) agencies, technology companies, or start-ups
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Experience managing creative staff (producers, motion design artists, associate creative directors)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience presenting and defending work to sr. executives
- Partner level creative director at an agency, or creative functional leader at a best in class advertising or design-driven organization
- Experience at or working with creative agencies with the ability to invest frugally while delivering breakthrough creative.
- Diverse portfolio with award winning video work
- Superior planning skills to stay one step ahead of the work – you can model needs against high level roadmaps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels.
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence people up, down and adjacent to obtain buy-in for your designs.
Contact: APPLY ONLINE!