Position: Senior Software Engineer
What: We’re hiring engineers who are passionate about technology and education. The product team doesn’t throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn’t throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together.
Most of our work is open source, even our primary product. We are also changing how teachers and students interact, whether in small groups or with tens of thousands of students in one course. Check out our online courses on Canvas Network.
So…if you like front-end development, back-end development, or some combination of these, let’s talk. There are lots of interesting, complex, and challenging problems that will leverage your skills; oh, and new things come up every day. There will be a technical interview with lots of white board action (but no silly puzzles or trick questions). We may even have you code up a simple app to demonstrate your abilities.
– Front-end developers with experience developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
– Back-end developers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system.
– We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
– We have integrated QA, and automation QA.
– Ability to solve complex problems.
– Demonstrated experience mentoring others.
– Strong knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
– Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
– BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
How: Apply Here