Who: Zetron, Inc
Position: Lead Senior Software Engineer
What: Zetron, Inc., a recognized industry leader in providing mission-critical communication applications worldwide. For over 30 years, Zetron has been designing, developing, implementing and manufacturing mission-critical communications solutions for public safety, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare and business applications throughout the world. We maintain a strong global presence through alliances with world-class system integrators, a global network of resellers in over 60 countries, and through our own international facilities. Zetron, Inc. is wholly owned subsidiary of JVC Kenwood Corporation. Serve as a senior engineering resource that is responsible for leading the design and development of complex, mission-critical applications and systems.
• Be able to effectively vet product requirements and User Stories to be ready for engineering.
• Drive technical components or product development through a full release cycle.
• Design and develop new features within existing products and systems in an Agile setting.
• Perform system analysis, design and implementation of complex projects and/or subsystems.
• Provide detailed task estimates for medium to large sized projects.
• Guide or perform the work necessary to resolve complex issues within existing products and portions of new designs.
• Operate as a Lead within an Agile-Scrum process framework.
• Work within the standard product development design control procedures for testing and manufacturing of software-based products and systems.
• Drive the design and development of innovative new features within existing products and systems.
• Propose design changes and resolve known technical issues within emerging and existing products.
• Integrate new technologies into existing products to maintain current technology content.
• Assist in the development of UX prototypes and concept wireframes.
• Mentor junior members of the engineering group to ensure that they are continuing to advance in their design and development skills.
• Provide technical leadership to team members and facilitate a high level of collaboration.
• Required to perform the work in a safe manner.
• Proficiency with PC’s and associated software development, system modeling and work productivity tools.
• Advanced knowledge related to the creation of system analysis and requirements specifications.
• Advanced knowledge of two or more of the following disciplines: C/C++, , , C#, .NET Framework, WPF, SIP, SQL, ReST, Team Foundation Server, network programming, cross platform development, Microsoft Windows, Unix, UML or equivalent.
• Advanced knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented analysis/design and system modeling.
• Ability to utilize technologies to streamline work processes, e.g. Visual Studio, TFS, Sharepoint.
• Strong analytical skills with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to perform work functions with a consistently high degree of efficiency, thoroughness, accuracy and follow-through.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong process documentation.
• Ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment and to work with all levels in the company.
• Have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Ability to prioritize, plan work to accomplish goals, and schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or in related field.
• Minimum five (5) years of advanced software development experience, experience of full cycle software development.
• At least five (5) completed projects one of which was successfully shipped and/or deployed demonstrating knowledge of the complete software development life cycle.
• Experience in an iterative development environment (agile/scrum) is highly desirable.
• Experience with telecom, telephony, and VoIP is highly desirable.
• Or any combination of education and experience that provides same expertise.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. Please note that there is no relocation budget for this position. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.
How: Apply Here