What: Senior Manager Trust and Safety Technology Platforms
What: Trust and Safety is the most important OfferUp value. We believe people are fundamentally good. We also believe people deserve peace of mind. In order to achieve that, OfferUp is developing a Trust and Safety team to foster safety in our community. This is an opportunity to be a voice for Trust and Safety at OfferUp.
- Be a customer advocate everyday
- Help set the strategy and define the direction of Trust & Safety technology platforms.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to develop tools and platforms to aid in enforcing trust and safety policy
- Identify key metrics and build multi-purpose dashboards to track progress of trust and safety initiatives
- Conduct statistical analysis and research to identify new and emerging trends.
- Work cross functionally to create a streamlined detection and enforcement process.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through
- Help set policy and strategies for enforcing those policies
- Leads highly complex data/rules projects including collaboration with business unit and product management
- Innovates in creating new ways to track rule performance and build new effective KPI’s for tracking efficiencies and efficacies
- Assist in maintaining rule platform, deploying rule sets, and triaging and tracking bugs
- Be Proactive! Continually look for areas that need work and are being overlooked.
- Strong trust and safety background; 10+ years in a technology/trust and safety role
- Experience launching detection and automation platforms
- Experience in monitoring and notification implementations
- Passion and experience for Safety and Trust in a marketplace; you want to improve the experience of OfferUp
- You thrive in a fast paced startup environment
- You have great judgment, and able to make impactful decisions independently
- Excellent communicator of data; you are able to tailor your explanation of user behavior to various types of people
- Experience in the monitoring and policing of unwanted behavior
- Experience with ecommerce and marketplace user behavior
- Background in technology, online media/services and/or fraud or investigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are an articulate and confident self-starter and problem solver, who is frequently able to deal with ambiguity
- Strong data analysis skills
- Exceptional data mining and quantitative analytic ability. Hands-on data analytics experience is a must
How: Apply Here