Position: Senior Digital Designer
What: Toolhouse is a digital marketing agency. They are a tight-knit team of passionate designers,
developers, writers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a common goal: create uncommon digital
solutions that put users first through a beautiful balance of form and function. Their clients are
global, industry leaders who demand innovation, and they bring it through interaction, experience
and emotion. And have fun doing it.
You: With 5+ years of experience, you have an innate passion, understanding and eye for all things
digital, and the ability to create beautiful visual aesthetics and brilliantly thought-out user
experience. You are able to balance function and form, turn the complex into simple, and articulate
your decisions along the way. You understand HTML, CSS and the constraints and opportunities
that code affords you as a digital designer.
The Job: Reporting to the Vice President of Project Services, you’ll conceptualize and create
engaging interactive digital designs, and actively collaborate throughout the life of a project
(discovery, information architecture, visual design, interaction design, development, testing, etc).
You will be an integral player in bringing meaningful ideas to digital life. Working closely with UX
and IA contributors on one side and developers on the other, you’ll be counted on to bridge the
two with compelling creative. Any day of the week you may be designing a web site, a mobile app,
an email, or animating videos, all while conscientiously aligning your work with project goals and
marketing strategy. And helping others knock through their creative block is pretty important too.
• Gain a thorough understanding of client needs, project objectives, scope and deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with the Creative Director and the creative team.
• Cohesively work with project contributors, facilitate and support team efforts, and mentor
and guide junior designers as needed.
• Organize and prioritize content, assets and messaging by creating functional architecture
• Create compelling and original visual and interactive designs and ensure designs align with
client expectations and overall project goals.
• Present designs to internal management and clients, both formally and through informal
• Deliver final required designs to developers for inclusion in the final product.
• Create style guides and design specifications for developers.
• Keep up with industry trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in or lead
knowledge exchanges with peers.
• Adhere to Toolhouse processes to effectively organize and share files and utilize tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years agency or other real-world digital design experience and a passion for continued
• A strong portfolio showcasing completed digital designs such as websites, mobile apps,
animations, and videos, and clearly articulating your individual contribution
• A solid understanding of digital design principles and the ability to apply them to complex
tasks (including typography, grids, color theory, and responsive layout)
• Understanding and experience with modern web technologies (HTML, CSS, JQuery) and
familiarity with Mac OSX and mobile platforms (iPhone/iPad, Android etc.)
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primary focus on Illustrator & Photoshop)
• Motion design experience with Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects
• Ability to formally and effectively articulate your creative decisions, and accept
collaborative and constructive feedback in a positive manner
• Ability to focus and work quickly under pressure in the event of tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
• Knowledge and execution of digital user experience principles, and ability to effectively
work with user experience designers to enhance your designs
Contact: Interested in the job? Send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the position you
are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.