Be at the center of Amazon innovation with AmazonLocal! This daily deals marketplace offers customers discounts of up to 75% off desirable goods and services in their communities — over 100 regions throughout the United States. This rapidly-growing business within Amazon offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
Responsibilities: Continued growth has created a need for dynamic, self-directed individual to join our writing and editing team. We’re looking for writers with a knack for brevity and a no-nonsense approach to precision editing to help develop content for our AmazonLocal daily deals. The successful candidate is someone who can weave visual imagery with pertinent facts into lean, clean, effective copy at a brisk pace, all while adhering to high-quality standards.
You will work closely with our production team, business owners, and other writers on customer-facing deal copy that is smart, accurate, and embodies the Amazon voice. An understanding of how to work within a specific style and voice is essential. The environment is energetic and fun, expectations are high, and camaraderie is strong. Strong interpersonal and time-management skills are a must; a sense of humor will make you part of the family.
You’ll be integrating into an established team that is still lean, results-oriented and turns on a dime, so a demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing needs while still delivering the highest work is necessary.
Please attach 1-3 brief writing samples to the end of your resume before submitting your application (250 words or less per sample). If your resume is already in the Amazon.com system, edit it to include your samples at the end of the resume before you apply for this job.
· Work as part of a larger production team to produce daily deals
· Provide the headlines/copy for a large number of deals each day
· Fact check your work and the work of others
· Quality check other team members’ work
· Participate in other writing and editing projects to support other AL teams and goals
· Coordinate with other members of the production team to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met
· Work with designers to craft text that plays off selected images
· Help train members of team as we continue to rapidly grow
Requirements: The successful candidate will have already demonstrated:
- Excellent business judgment
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Solid editorial ability and exceptional attention to detail
- A deep passion for the written word
- Relentlessly high quality standards and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results despite competing priorities and distractions
- Ability to write engaging text that is on-brand and helpful while also being entertaining
- A history of positive teamwork
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Technically and web savvy
• Bachelor’s degree in either English (United States), advertising, communications or related field
• 4+ years experience in copywriting or copyediting
• 5+ years experience in user assistance or marketing writing or editing
• 1+ years experience in corporate writing environment
• Strong creative and conceptual thinker
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
• Personal initiative, flexibility, intellectual curiosity
• Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Contact: If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1627938-1812-2095