Who: Denny Mountain Media
Position: Social Media & Digital Writer/Editors
What: Denny Mountain Media is seeking qualified and highly motivated Social Media & Digital Writer/Editors to research trending topics and write about them across digital platforms. If you have the qualifications and skills listed below, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Social Media & Digital Writer/Editors” in the subject line. You would work remotely from your home office but must be available for client meetings in Bellevue, Washington. Only candidates in the Puget Sound, Washington area will be considered.
All Denny Mountain Media qualified candidates must be strong and proactive communicators with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills. We are self-starting and self-disciplined professionals who can work efficiently to and in front of deadlines with no micromanagement either in home offices or on-site at a client facility.
There are four positions open with varying hours:
1. Morning Writer, 40 hours/week, working 4 AM to 12 Noon Pacific Time Monday–Friday
2. Coordinator, 40 hours/week, working 10 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time Monday–Friday
3. Weekend Writer A, 30 hours/week, working 9 AM to 3 PM Pacific Time Saturday–Wednesday
4. Weekend Writer B, 34 hours/week, working 3 PM to 11 PM Pacific Time Thursday–Monday
These positions will involve researching (with proprietary tools) trending topics and quickly writing /updating 100-150 word summaries, identifying related content on MSN, and writing compelling links to that content.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate thrives on working under continual deadline, is an excellent writer able to publish without proofreader or fact-checker, and is proficient with common online publishing tools. We’re looking for someone bright, highly reliable and responsible, fastidious about detail, and engaged in such platforms as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, LinkedIn, etc.
You should be:
– An excellent copywriter & fastidious copyeditor with the ability to write creative social copy that provokes response and engagement. You should be able to edit your own content and that of others, following a corporate style guide.
– Inherently social and personally use Facebook &Twitter. You must have a deep understanding of how different social networks operate, why social media is important, and how to make it valuable.
– Passionate about community with the capacity to understand, engage with, and grow social audiences.
– Curious, with a desire to experiment. You should be interested in experimenting with different tactics to drive results, coupled with a demonstrable curiosity to stay current, learn, and find new approaches.
– Comfortable with change and ambiguity; have a track record of success in driving results; demonstrate subject matter expertise; and have journalism, PR, or marketing experience.
The coordinator must have experience in content coordination and editorial programming in addition to the above requirements.
Microsoft experience (FTE, a-dash, or v-dash) is strongly preferred.
About Us: We are a Seattle-based digital marketing company that provides expert content strategy and development, marketing communications, website management and publishing, and project management services.