Position: Search System Engineer
Where: Pioneer Square
What: Evri’s Search System team is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our proprietary natural language-based search infrastructure, as well as trend tracking and analysis. Our mission is to provide scalable, high performance search and analytical access to Evri’s content base and stream of real-time web data. This includes work in diverse areas such as distributed search systems, deep parsing, natural language processing, machine learning, trend analysis and topic detection. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a desire to develop Java applications within a model of highly distributed applications. The successful candidate will be passionate about developing and extending fault-tolerant, self-repairing distributed systems operating on large data sets. Our application has scale and performance challenges that demand innovators who are passionate about software design and development.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a focused and motivated team collaborating to solve some of the toughest problems in the real-time and semantic web space today, send us your resume!.
In this position, you will:
- Develop, troubleshoot and performance tune end-to-end systems within a highly distributed application environment
- Optimize search and retrieval performance
- Optimize data flow and latency between content acquisition and indexing subsystems (text, image, video)
- Collaborate with our research and relevance ranking team on performant implementation of innovative new algorithms
- Work in a collaborative team environment, co-designing and co-implementing key application components
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 8+ years of professional Java development and associated tool set experience
- Thorough familiarity with performance issues in distributed Java environments
- Solid understanding of the interaction between all components of a distributed system (software, hardware, IO/networking layer)
- Solid multi-threaded programming skills
- Solid working knowledge of Linux, and comfortable in server cluster environments of 200+ nodes
- Experience with Apache Lucene, Hadoop (HDFS/Map Reduce), HBase, Cassandra
- Scripting language experience – Ruby a plus
Big bonus if you have:
- Experience leading a team of 4-5 software engineers while being an active developer (this is NOT a management position, but opportunity for team lead)
- Experience in information retrieval, data mining and machine learning
- Familiarity with Jini/RMI
Contact: To apply, please send your resume in PDF or Word to email@example.com.