The WTIA has announced the fourth batch of Washington tech startups that have been selected for their Founder Cohort Program. The Founder Cohort program — part of the WTIA Startup Program — aligns with the association’s efforts to support entrepreneurs in Washington’s booming tech industry.
The Founder Cohort Program will help these venture-scale startups develop over the course of one year. Each startup is headquartered in Washington, has at least one product in development, has an annual revenue of less than $1 million, and passed a rigorous application process.
Led by a committee of seasoned tech founders and entrepreneurs — including Dave Parker of 6 Month Startup, Susan Preston of SeaChange Fund, and Leslie Feinzaig of Female Founders Alliance — the program will support each company and guide them through the crucial stages of fundraising, corporate governance, and customer development.
“Launching a startup can be a lonely journey, but it really shouldn’t be,” said Michael Schutzler, CEO of WTIA. “Founders need relevant support and resources to help their companies grow, but securing those resources and connecting to relevant folks usually doesn’t happen organically. So, we’ve gathered the relevant resources and experts for them, building the village to support them on their journey.”
Congratulations to the companies selected for the 4th Founder Cohort:
- Advocat Technologies – Pradnya Desh, Haresh Ved, Chetan Desh
- Asha AI – Rashmi Joshi
- CardioCube – Oskar Kiwic, Tomasz Jadczyk, Przemysław Magaczewski
- CareListings – Carl Rogers, Nawaz Imam
- FitTraction – Ian Turner, Jay Kinney
- Floop Edu – Melanie Kong, Christine Witcher, Gabe Young
- Genemod – Jacob Lee, Hyunjin Choe
- Golden Sherpa – Margie Bensching, Manish Bhansali
- Kurvv – Ryan Lee, Vince Roche, Jeff Croft
- At Present – Marc Bridge, Monica Chambers
- LendMe – Amanuail Ambaye
- Mesh.id – Diego Ansejo
- OwnTrail – Rebekah Bastian, Kt McBratney
- Parrots – David Hojah
- PetBiotix – Emma Rovit, Blake Guard, Melissa Guard
- PhyPal – Ranjeet Randhawa
- Pidge Post – Anna Sulilvan
- Plantmatch – Ruth Becke, Terry Xue
- QUUE – Jean Kim, Ryan Chu
- Revolution Agriculture – Richard Bion, Michael Eberhardt, Mas. Michael Fish, James Kaminsky
- rThreat – Hugo Chavez, Daniela Applegate
- ThirstySprout – David Stepania, Kevin Jaspal
- Violet – Brandon Schulz, Rhen Zabel
- VR Ulysses – Tom malone, Rory Barnes
- WeShowUp.io – Kahlil Ashanti, Kenneth Chau, Vincent Loi
- Wissee – Qingqing Han, Huina Mao
Founder Cohort 4 Sponsors:
Visit the Startup Club site for more information.