King County Metro is looking to add web development support to our dynamic strategic communications team. This person will support Metro’s webmaster as well as the strategic communications team in the implementation of marketing and brand management efforts. This person will also help identify and update current practices for updating operational information online.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build digital content, features and functionality to promote transit programs and services.
- Development of new technology-based services required to achieve Metro’s objectives in line with Marketing and Brand Management strategies.
- Translate marketing and brand strategies into digital mediums to create effective online marketing.
- Create new pages; publish new content using a content management system (CMS), including bug fixes and troubleshooting.
- Design, build, and launch online surveys and/or open houses.
- Utilize knowledge of web technologies and best practices, including SEO, Landing Page Optimization, web accessibility etc., in all work and share knowledge with departmental peers and organizational clients as needed.
- Stay current with industry best practices.
- Work with Metro’s Senior Web Developer to produces digital assets in accordance with the Metro’s brand guidelines.
- Prepare files as final deliverables.
- Perform quality assurance as needed to ensure highest quality production of web pages and other digital media.
Project Management and Communication
- Work with Project Managers to manage timelines, communicate project status, deliver projects on time and implement according to specification.
- Understand and communicate project priorities, requirements, and goals clearly and consistently.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of project content meet Metro’s communications, brand and editorial standards.
- Proactively drive, build consensus, and implement process improvements to create efficiencies.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of communications principles, methods and materials.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Work experience in a marketing agency or in-house marketing work environment, for high traffic enterprise websites, mobile apps, digital signage, and digital communications vehicles such as email marketing tools, online calendaring systems, social media platforms and content management systems.
- Knowledge of principles of design in digital media, including ability to apply brand and design standards.
- Skills in synthesizing and communicating, in writing, orally, or visually, technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems such as SiteCore and WordPress.
- Experience with user experience best practices and web accessibility standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Moz tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Detailed-oriented with strong process and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical thinking.
Who May Apply
This position is open to all King County employees and the general public.
Please apply online.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact Taniya Rai at [email protected] or 206-477-8682.