Who: Board & Vellum Architecture and Design
Position: Marketing Coordinator
What: Board & Vellum Architecture and Design is a looking for a passionate person to join their team as Marketing Coordinator. In just over 5 years they’ve won national and local awards, had lots of great press, expanded to over 20 people, and created a damn awesome place to work. Board & Vellum has recently been recognized as the #4 small business to work for in Washington State by Seattle Business Magazine and been acknowledged by Puget Sound Business Journal for two years running as one of the top places to work in Washington. They’re a spectacular place to work and looking for driven and dynamic individuals to join them. They design a variety of project types, get involved in their communities, and aim to cement themselves as not only a firm serving their clients well, but as a place they’re all proud to work at.
They’re looking for someone with a strong skill set and drive to own and manage the marketing process. You have the chance to maintain the public profile and streamline the marketing process of a dynamic and awesome young company. B & V values flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in language their clients can actually understand. They offer a newly designed comfortable and beautiful work space with all the resources available to help you succeed. Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set, however, excellence in the skills below are key.
• Coordinate and maintain strategies for a successful marketing plan.
• Own and manage the marketing process and corral a bunch of Architects. Don’t be meek.
• Maintain client proposal materials and marketing collateral (leave behinds, brochures, handouts, etc.) in InDesign.
• Maintain and monitor awards schedule and generate award submissions.
• Maintain and coordinate updates to web-site and social media content. You should be very proficient in social media. You don’t have to hide Facebook on your screen, we promise.
• Be an active representative of the company in the community.
• Your writing skills should be excellent as you’ll be drafting press releases, blog content, proposals, and a myriad of other items.
• Track marketing and business development leads and brainstorm ways to help streamline that process.
• Draft and publish quarterly newsletters
• Coordinate continuous client care efforts
• Administrative (shared): answer incoming calls, sign for deliveries, maintain common areas, limited front desk coverage, supply monitoring, etc.
• Assistance with event planning, both internal and for public event space.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Business plus a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in an office environment.
• Experience in an Architectural, Engineering or Interior Design firm is a giant plus.
• Proficient with Adobe InDeisgn CS6, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office Suite
• Ability to work on multiple assignments and manage priorities. You will not be micromanaged so your ability to meet deadlines on your own is critical.
• Open to a collaborative work environment and working with a diverse group of individuals, possess a can-do, positive attitude and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Apply: Please send a cover letter, examples of work, and your résumé to [email protected]