Position: Senior Systems Engineer
What: Affirma, four year in a row “Best Companies to Work For” and “Fastest Growing Companies” in Washington is seeking an excellent Systems Engineer for a client of ours located in Bellevue.
You are a systems engineer practiced in multiple disciplines: high availability architectures and solutions, automated solutions, scripting, and cloud architecture best practices. You quickly master details and new technologies. In your career, you find that the unique and complex challenges find their way to you, which you thoroughly enjoy solving.
As a systems engineer you will help drive the evolution of our SaaS network and server architecture, devise automated ways to enable rapid customer onboarding, continuously refine and improve scaling efficiency, design and implement automated ways to solve common needs such as backups and environment build outs, and always consider information security in all of your plans.
We are looking for an engineer proficient in scripting in Bash, Python, or Ruby, who thinks in terms of automated architecture, with substantive experience automating and operating an AWS environment, and with a delivery-centric mindset.
• Automate AWS infrastructure through use of AWS tools (e.g. autoscaling, user data, etc. . .), scripting (e.g.Bash, Python, or Ruby), and extensive use of monitoring and alerting solutions (e.g. AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, Sensu, Grafana, Kibana, New Relic, etc. . .)
• Design and implement web, application, and data tiers to meet security, availability, responsiveness, and cost objectives utilizing AWS components
• Create, refine, and maintain a configuration management solution with Chef
• Implement and maintain intelligent infrastructure and application monitoring for other engineering teams to plug into
• Participate in an on-call rotation with other engineers
• 4+ years of experience automating and operating a cloud based application environment
• Proficiency writing scripts from scratch in one or more of Bash, Python, Java, and Ruby
• High availability cloud architecture principles
• Experience implementing and tuning AWS AutoScaling, application load balancing, and automated backup solutions
• Experience implementing and maintaining a Chef environment
• Self-starter who enjoys learning and applying knowledge
How: Apply Here