Who: Colliers International
Position: SQL Server Report Writer
What: From commercial real estate brokers to marketing professionals, IT experts and more, Colliers International career opportunities come in all shapes and sizes, but with one common goal – to help the best and the brightest exceed their potential and ours. With over 522 offices in 62 countries, we are fully immersed in our local markets, bringing an enterprising approach to supporting our clients, wherever they may be.
We’re completely focused on helping our employees fulfill their career dreams – in their native countries or abroad. At Colliers, you can pursue global career opportunities. We push each other to be better than we thought we could be. We go the extra step for our clients and partners, creating memorable experiences that enhance and grow our relationships. And we have a lot of fun along the way.
• Work with Information Technology staff to coordinate the creation and management of reporting structures, which integrate with internal and public facing browser based applications.
• Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved reporting processes.
• Generate and compile reports based on his/her findings, complete with recommended improvements to, or new requirements for, business processes, operational procedures, and corresponding reporting structures.
• Oversee the implementation of reporting structures in regards to technical changes and change management.
• Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, an business areas
• This position requires regular contact with members of the business teams, technical personnel, external technical personnel at various institutions, other technical vendors as required.
• Strong project management skills. Ability to be self-directed and accountable for Reporting function.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, or related field
• Extensive experience with core development tools Crystal Reports, Business Objects, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL Server Report Services (SSRS)
• Extensive knowledge of ETL processes and methodologies, data imports and export protocols (EDI, API).
• Minimum 7+ years of full project life cycle report application development experience.
• Examine and evaluate reporting requirements for various business units across the organization
• Respond to incoming Operations Support requests from business areas to design, build, maintain or repair reports and applications.
• Meet with key decision makers, business analysts, and business areas to define reporting requirements and goals.
• Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies. Specific knowledge of MS SQL Server.
• Experienced with Pivot tables, Multi-Dimensional analysis and Cross Tabulations.
• Identify and learn key business software applications used and supported by the organization.
• Minimal travel may also be required.
• Strong design, analytical, problem identification and solving skills. Ability to think outside the box to identify solutions.
• Experience with designing and building OLAP cubes (preferred), XML technologies (preferred), .NET C# experience (preferred.)
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact: Please apply online.