- This event has passed.
The Compassionate Leadership Summit
November 8, 2019 @ 8:30 am - November 9, 2019 @ 5:30 pm
“Compassion is the radicalism of our time.” His Holiness the Dalai Lama
The Compassionate Leadership Summit is a 2-day event focused on how we might bring compassion and mindfulness more effectively into our organizations and communities, featuring leaders from corporations, non-profits, government, education communities of faith, and entrepreneurs.
The vision that inspires the event is a world in which awareness, justice, inclusivity and compassion guide our actions as a society.
- Nov. 8-9, 2019 at the Hub at the University of Washington, 8:30am – 5:30pm each day
- Lunch and snacks included both days, as well as access to all sessions
- 400+ attendees and 40+ presenters
- 1 day tickets available for both Friday and Saturday
- Practical, professional and personal development opportunity
- Presenters are visionaries, teachers, cultural trailblazers from who represent diverse applications of compassion and mindfulness across sectors
- The event is designed to share tools, best practices and methods with interactive learning sessions
- Extensive opportunities for networking and individual connections
- Co-hosted on campus by UW Undergraduate Women in Business
The Summit is an interactive learning experience, designed as much to educate as to inspire. Plenary sessions and Breakouts will provide attendees with engaged learning experiences through exposure to diverse tools, forms, methods and pedagogical approaches.
The Compassionate Leadership Summit is a non-profit event. All revenues beyond expenses will cover scholarships, with any additional proceeds benefiting the Brighton Jones Richer Life Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit which supports community-led projects that address poverty, lack of education, and access to health care. **No Refunds within 30 days of the event**
We so look forward to seeing you there!
Intentional Networking event
November 8 @ 5:30pm you’re invited to continue the conversation from the Compassionate Leadership Summit at an intentional networking event + social gathering hosted by Yoga Behind Bars. Yoga Behind Bars (YBB) is a proud Community Partner of the Compassionate Leadership Summit and is excited to introduce the organization’s new Executive Director, Julian Saucier, at this event immediately following the Summit at The Intellectual House on campus. Beverages and light appetizers will be served. Please feel free to extend this invitation to your networks, even if they do not plan to attend the summit. We look forward to seeing you there! More info here.
Live Webcast: Dalai Lama & Compassion 2020
As this new decade begins, how can our state be a model for effective, compassionate leadership? How should we approach the urgent global issues that will challenge not just us, but future generations? The Dalai Lama has invited Washington state to take part in that conversation.
A delegation of community leaders, chaired by Lt. Governor Cyrus Habib, will travel to India for an in person discussion with the Dalai Lama on:
• mitigating climate change
• overcoming inequality
• improving civil discourse in politics, and more
6 Washington state students were selected to take part in the delegation. Their 60-minute conversation will be broadcast live – and all Washingtonians are invited.
More information here
Updates and information available on the Dalai Lama’s facebook page here.