Don’t Let the Wrong Theme Choice Ruin Your New WordPress Site
When: June 13th, 10 am – 1 pm
Where: Mosaic Coffeehouse, Seattle
What: When you set up your WordPress blog or website, you either pick a theme you’ve heard of and find out too late it’s the wrong one, or you spend so many hours staring at hundreds of themes, and get even more confused.
In this workshop, I’ll demystify the world of themes and help you get a better grip on what to look for and where to look.
• the more common mistakes people make when choosing a theme.
• some of the the best places to look for themes
• the must-have, no-budge features
• how to decide on whether to use a free theme or a paid premium theme
• what’s involved in costuming a theme and how to decide if you can do it yourself
• the purpose of and uses for child themes
We’ll look at the functionality and usability of some popular premium themes including, Headway, Genesis and one of its child themes, Woothemes, Press75. We’ll also explore the detault Twenty Ten theme and a few other free themes, as well.
And if you are interested in a hands-on workshop on how to use the Headway theme, which allows customizing your theme without knowing any code, check out the one this evening in Redmond.
Who: Presenter is Bob Dunn, a WordPress trainer and coach. Bob provides support, webinars, & one-on-one coaching. He also provides WordPress training to small businesses and corporations. Visit bobwp.com
How: Find more details and sign up online. Phone: 425-223-0022