Business Resources at the Public Library: Part I – WBC
November 1, 2011 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An overview of powerful business databases for conducting company and general industry research.
Learn how to use the following free databases for basic business research:
- Reference USA for local business directory listings by SIC/NAICS/major industry group, including some business financials. Reference USA will also be presented as a marketing tools for developing call or mailing lists.
- Business and Company Resource Center for company profiles, industry news, and business articles.
- Plunkett Research for industry reports, including market research and demographic profiles.
- Standard and Poor’s Net Advantage for company profiles and S&P Industry Surveys.
- ABI/Inform Trade and Industry for news articles about a variety of business and management topics, from newspapers, magazines, and trade publications.
- Associations Unlimited for national, state and local membership organizations supporting businesses and individuals.
You can find out more and register online.