The right candidate is an expert storyteller who is passionate about new products, AI, machine learning, smart home, and the Internet of Things. You will have the capacity to move fast and an unrelenting tenacity to get things done. You will be experienced at influencing senior leaders and capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. To be successful, you will combine a solid understanding of technology and business dynamics with the ability to synthesize audience requirements and cross-functional resources into a comprehensive plan. You will be expected to innovate and empowered to expand our horizons to new approaches. The ideal candidate combines an inventor’s spirit with product, marketing, and management skills.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Own product definition, marketing strategy and brand for a new, emerging project.
- Act as the single-threaded owner for the program, building strategy and governance process to engage leaders across the organization, including in marketing, product and business development teams.
- Contribute to innovative solutions while demonstrating leadership, marketing prowess, technical competence and high degrees of cross functional work.
- Do research to understand the current state of Amazon’s business, the industry and customer needs.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of industry trends to drive thought leadership in the space.
- Lead and develop a team of product and marketing managers.
- Manage internal and external agencies, and own budget, forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis
If this sounds like an exciting marketing challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years of experience in product management or product marketing
- 5+ years of management experience
- Demonstrable history of defining new products and GTM strategy.
- Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans.
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units.
- A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- Strong drive for results with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
- Experience running marketing programs across multiple channels, including digital strategy, thought leadership through content and editorial, and in-person events.