Who: Holland America Line
Position: Director of Marketing Communications
What: Ready to apply your talents with one of the most profitable and growing premium Cruise Lines in the travel industry in one of most livable cities in the country? Holland America Line, based in beautiful Seattle, Washington, is an industry leader with more than 130 years of experience doing what we do best-providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences every time to more than 10 million guests throughout our long and rich history. There may be more than 1,000 job titles at Holland America Line, but all of us have the same goal-to be the world’s best hosts. Come be a part of our team!
Responsibilities: As Director, Marketing Communications, you will direct the company’s global Marketing Communications effort, including strategic planning, management of a multi-million dollar budget, timelines, execution and measurement of effectiveness. Provide thoughtful leadership and corresponding excellence in execution of online and offline communications. Actively collaborates with internal stakeholders. Oversee a team of communications professionals in the areas of online and offline advertising; email marketing; and collateral production and distribution. Direct the selection of external partners and actively participates in the direction and evaluation of their work.
1. Directs the company’s global Marketing Communications effort, including strategic planning, management of a multi-million dollar budget, timelines, execution and measurement of effectiveness.
2. Directs a team of managers who are responsible for the following disciplines: online and offline advertising; Holland America Line’s in-house email program; and collateral and sales support materials.
3. Actively collaborates with those directing web marketing.
4. Develops and maintains relations with external partners. Responsible for negotiating and monitoring annual contracts with agency partners.
5. Maintains and monitors brand communications standards across all advertising, collateral and online executions.
6. Ensures that measurement plans and test and learn capabilities are in place to optimize campaigns. Programmatically tracks metrics associated with communications to inform sound decisions and provides senior management with relevant insights.
7. Oversees the management of a multi-million-dollar budget and strategy for global online and offline advertising efforts from strategy through execution, including media planning and creative development for display advertising, mobile, search engine marketing optimization and analytics.
8. Works in tandem with Social Media Director to support social media campaigns via an integrated advertising plan.
9. Actively participates in corporate-wide lead generation efforts. Works closely with database team to monitor database health and activity. Represents Holland America Line in cross-brand functions and reporting.
10. Provides direction for the strategy, budget, production, usage plan, and inventory management of HAL’s print and digital collateral material — including consumer catalogs, travel agent training material, reference guides and sales tools.
11. Oversees the development of shared marketing content and guides the management of the content library including still images, video and other visual assets.
• Minimum of five years experience in managing marketing communications programs on the client or agency side
• Passion for and proficiency in the digital, social and emerging marketing landscapes.
• Proficient in the digital landscape from creative development to analytics
• Familiarity with domestic and international governance as it relates to online advertising
• Previous work experience in advertising, online marketing, collateral development or a similar field
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred
• Results-oriented approach, effective judgment, self-motivated
• Excellent research, organization and communication skills
• Experience in online content production and publishing
• Proven ability to lead a team within a matrix environment
• Possess skills in the creative and analytical side of marketing
• Previous experience in the travel or hospitality industry considered a plus
Contact: To apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.hollandamerica.apply2jobs.com