Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative professional to manage a wide range of corporate communications issues, including reactive/crisis communications, acquisitions and financial issues. The ideal candidate will have experience managing communications with external audiences on a wide range of corporate issues, will be energized by working on a list of issues that changes day-to-day, and be passionate, creative and eager to learn. They will be able to get up to speed quickly on complex issues, multitask while maintaining high attention to detail, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done – no issue will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job.”
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage the “issues of the day” by quickly triaging, developing strategies, getting relevant stakeholders aligned on a path forward, and then executing – quickly;
- Multitask and prioritize extremely well – know when and how to escalate issues quickly with the context/counsel needed to agree on a strategy, and when to manage issues independently;
- Ensure that press coverage of Amazon is accurate by spotting and quickly fixing errors on a wide range of topics;
- Create and execute internal and external communications strategies for acquisitions across many parts of the company in partnership with cross functional teams and subject matter experts (including others on the PR team);
- Work with the investor relations and legal teams to manage communications around financial, corporate governance, and various legal issues;
- Manage a wide range of other corporate communications issues as needed; and
- Deliver counsel to the corporate communications team and Amazon executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities.
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to:
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes;
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it;
- Work hard and smart;
- Spot opportunities and develop creative, effective approaches to difficult challenges;
- Deal with ambiguity – form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives;
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job; and
- Pay painstaking attention to important details.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of corporate communications experience;
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications [None in addition to what’s above. Please only include the description and basic qualifications.]
Contact: Apply online.