Location: Seattle, WA
HTC’s Creative Labs provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for some of HTC’s most significant product design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating amazing software experiences to accompany our cutting edge HTC Vive VR hardware. We are a small team with the feel of a startup and our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
Do you want to help shape the future of Virtual Reality? HTC Vive, the best-in-class VR platform, is seeking an experienced UX copywriter with 5+ years’ experience in a role that requires both technical and creative aptitude. You must be able to research, understand, and translate complex concepts and features into content that helps customers understand our products. To do this you will work closely with design, engineering and marketing teams. You will produce a wide variety of content, from user interface text—button labels and menu items, error messages and quick tips—to longer form product copy for the web and print to support Vive’s suite of software experiences.
- Research, write, edit and proof customer-facing copy and content for Vive software and hardware deliverables.
- Partner with design teams to develop product/feature UX from kick-off throughout the product lifecycle.
- Partner with Marketing on initiatives requiring copy and communication.
- Develop, follow, and evangelize editorial and user-centered design processes.
- Develop and maintain style guides to refine the Vive voice constantly, and communicating that voice across products and teams.
- Accurately judge level of effort for your copywriting deliverables and manage your own schedule and relationships with stakeholders.
- Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the product teams.
- Contribute to an evolving design culture at HTC.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, HCI, Design or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience (a portfolio of writing samples demonstrating the ability to create accurate, concise, on-brand copy is required.)
- Ability to work well under regular deadline pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A curiosity about and aptitude for technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and communications skills and the ability to work independently much of the time.
- Experience in localization workflow and the challenges of writing for a global audience.
- Proficiency in major office and design communication tools, including Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign.
- Previous experience in the consumer products, computer games or virtual reality industries.
- Experience working with design teams and contributing to design efforts. Working knowledge of full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables
We should get to know each other if you:
- Are excited about shipping new products to millions of passionate HTC users.
- Love to work with people from different disciplines and cultures to create great products.
- See design as both a cultural and strategic activity.
Contact: Apply via our Careers page online.