Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a creative, well-connected and experienced Public Relations Manager to join its Headquarters PR team in Seattle. The PR Manager will drive communications strategy and tactics for cross-AWS programs and initiatives, including amplifying the voice of the AWS ecosystem of partners through innovative communications programs and channels. The PR Manager will partner with AWS business development, alliances, and marketing teams to develop and execute messaging, PR strategy, and related communications tactics.
The successful candidate will be creative, well-connected and experienced in public relations, with a successful track record of executing powerful communications programs for technology companies/clients. He/she will possess extensive media relations experience, have expertise in translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories, be an excellent writer and editor, have familiarity with crisis communications and be comfortable making decisions with high-judgment while acting quickly. This is a highly-visible role requiring frequent engagement with AWS leadership and the right candidate is comfortable interacting with executives at both Amazon and with our customers/partners.
The role is based in Seattle and requires periodic travel.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
Develop and execute effective, long-term communications strategies for key AWS initiatives
Drive all partner-related PR activities for AWS’s growing network of technology and systems integrator partners (planning, messaging, announcements, media relations, and events)
Write and edit press releases, pitches, PR plans and related materials
Develop and manage relationships with technology trade and business press
Manage PR agency resources
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of seven years of public relations experience
· Experience pitching proactive stories to technology and business publications
· Current experience managing media relationships and a network of media contacts
· Experience in B2B technology PR
· Experience in writing clear and impactful press releases and an understanding of AP Style
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
· Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Passionate about excellence in writing and verbal communications
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done