Position: UX Designer
What: Every month at Avvo, we empower millions of people to take charge of their legal needs. In our Q&A forum, consumers get free legal advice every 10 seconds from more than 160,000 rated attorneys throughout the U.S. When it is time to hire an attorney, we tell it straight – good and bad – with comprehensive information about each lawyer (including client reviews and the industry leading Avvo Rating). We are growing rapidly, have an entrepreneurial culture that encourages ideas and collaboration and we’re passionate about revolutionizing the legal market for consumer and attorneys alike. There’s a strong future with Avvo, come be part of our revolution!
Avvo is looking for a UX Designer for our newest product; we’re currently building the team so this is a great opportunity to come in day one and take this product from the ground up. As a UX Designer at Avvo, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on how people solve their legal needs. Our UX team has strong support at the executive level: we have our proverbial seat at the table, so you’ll have a strong say in our direction and the vision of our products. Avvo’s web and mobile services are market-leading, and we have big plans in the works—come check us out!
- You think mobile first.
- Exceptionally strong in interaction design and cross-device user experience.
- Can balance thinking big & thinking practical.
- Can work independently and lead projects, and can also be a collaborative team member.
- Comfortable interacting with and communicating design thinking to all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Can work low-fi (sketching & whiteboarding), and hi-fi as appropriate.
- Advanced understanding of user-centered design, usability, and design principles.
- Visual design skills are a plus.
- Can conduct your own lightweight usability research when needed, as well as partner with dedicated researchers on deeper aspects.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes is a plus.
- Familiar with, but not dogmatic about Lean & Agile UX thinking.
- A degree in HCI, Industrial Design, UCD, or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years working in professional environments. Ideally in-house, and team based.
- Ability to communicate your ideas by whatever means necessary, be it sketching, wireframing, or interpretive dance.
- Examples of taking projects from early ideation to execution.
- Diverse experience with a variety of products and platforms (responsive web, iOS, etc.).
- Ability to create superb designs by leveraging advanced knowledge of grid systems, layout, and composition.
- Experience designing elegant interaction states and transitions.
How: Apply Here